Ohio Department of Justice Criminal and Court Records

Ohio Arrest Records and Warrant Search

Please fill in the form below to begin your Ohio criminal records search

By searching you certify that you are above 18 years of age

How to access Criminal Records in Ohio

Criminal records can be accessed in Ohio through the various law enforcement agencies over here. The first stop in your search for criminal records in Ohio must be the website of the department of public safety. The link for this site is: http://publicsafety.ohio.gov/. At the homepage of this site you will find the resources section found at the lower half. Under this section you will find a link to the Ohio Amber alert. This link can directly take you over there http://www.ohioamberplan.org/. At this link, you will find the description of any missing child in Ohio along with the description of the suspected abductor. Also on the Public safety website, under the resources section you will find a link to Ohio’s Habitual Offenders Registry. Click on that link and you will be directed to a page where you will be able to search for people who have committed OVI or Operating a Vehicle under influence.

Another website that can be highly helpful for accessing criminal records in Ohio is the website of the Attorney General. In Ohio quite a few employers are required to run a background check on potential employees and for citizens who apply for professional licensing. The office of the attorney general is able to run background checks by comparing finger prints. If you would like to get a background check done on someone, you may contact one of the service providers at this link http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/Services/Business/WebCheck/Webcheck-Community-Listing

You can also click on this link

http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/Services/Business/WebCheck/WebCheck-letter-verifier to verify a no records letter. You can reach the BCI at this number 877-224-0043.

In order to initiate a civilian background check, you will need to first submit the e-fingerprint form. The second step involves the submitting of the fingerprint of the individual you would like to conduct the check on. You can use fingerprint live scan or the Webcheck for this purpose. On the FAQ sections at this link http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/About/FAQ/Background-Check-FAQs, you will find the contact details of FBI and BCI authorized live scan performers. Once the finger prints are done, they will be electronically sent to BCI.

The fee for a single background check charged by the state is $22. Payment options include cashier check, company check which must be made payable to the Treasurer of the State of Ohio and money order. At this link https://www.scribd.com/document/18545221/BCI-Civilian-Background-Check-Procedures you will find all the procedures for civilian background check for BCI.

You can find information on the sex offenders in Ohio. You can reach the online Sex offender registry through the Attorney General’s website or you can click directly on this link http://www.icrimewatch.net/index.php?AgencyID=55149&disc= to access search for offender’s page. Using this link you can even search for offenders residing within the radius of one mile from a given location.

In Ohio, you can find the criminal records for current adult parolees and inmates, and even of past inmates who were detained as long back as 1829. However the search process will depend on the date and the county in which the crime was committed.

Apart from the links given above, you can also use the website of the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction, to find information on a current or past inmate. The database connected to this site is regularly updated.

To find criminal records of inmates within the years 1820 to 1973, you will need to contact Ohio’s Historical society. Over here records can be accessed from the Ohio Reformatory (1896- 1968), the Ohio Penitentiary (1829-1973), the Ohio Reformatory for Women (1913-1942) and the London Prison Farm (1908-1949).

To find the criminal records of the individual detained from 1973 to till date, you will need to get in touch with DRC’s central inmate record. You can find their contact information on their website.

Nondisclosure of court records

If you have a record of court case on your name and you want it to be exempt from public disclosure, you will need to get in touch with a lawyer. You can petition the court through a lawyer as you will not be able to get it done by filling a simple form.