All procedures about arrest warrants in Washington County, OH, are handled by the sheriff’s court services division. An active arrest warrant is issued by the local; criminal court when a formal request for it is placed before the police’s judiciary.
All case-related facts are carefully studied to establish that there is indeed probable cause to suspect the person in question. Once this is done, the arrest warrant is signed and handed over to peace officers for execution. All such detention orders stored in the national and state criminal system are known as outstanding arrest warrants.
In the state of Ohio, very few counties offer online access to arrest records related data. Fortunately, Washington is one of them, so that you can get access to their most recent active warrant list through their official site at http://www.washcountysheriff.org/active-warrant-list/.
Washington county sheriff Ohio
For a more detailed report on your subject’s criminal history, it would be best to visit the agency in person at 309 Fourth Street, Marietta, Ohio 45750. If you are looking for details in a civil matter, you will need to connect with the sheriff’s office’s civil services division, which is located at 205 Putnam Street, Marietta, Ohio, 45750.
Because the magistrate’s court issues warrants, you can also start your hunt for information at this judicial agency. The magistrate’s office is located at 205 Putnam St, Marietta, OH 45750.
You can also reach the county clerk’s office by driving down to 205 Putnam St. The office of the clerk of the court is the administrative wing of the judiciary. They maintain records about all civil and criminal cases heard by the courts in the county in the court dockets.
Who can help you with an over-the-phone warrant search and arrests inquiry in Washington County? (2021- Update)
- To find out about recent arrests, contact the Washington County Jail at 740-374-7677 ext. 4221.
- To learn about outstanding warrants, contact the Civil Division at 740-373-6623 ext. 4003.
- To get access to arrest records and request criminal background checks, reach out to the agency at 740-373-6623 ext. 4010.
- To be informed of the investigation of the criminal case that you have filed, contact the Criminal Investigation Unit at 740-376-7070 ext. 4126.
- To get basic information or register a non-emergency complaint, make a phone call to the Sheriff’s dispatch number- 740-376-7070.
- To learn more about obtaining access criminal court records, contact the Clerk’s Office at 740- 373-6623 Ext. 2501.
Crime Statistics of Washington County
In 2019, the Washington Sheriff’s Department received 206 criminal complaints, compared to 212 in 2018. There were 172 property offenses and 34 crimes against people.
Approximately 102 larceny thefts, 51 burglaries, and 19 motor vehicle thefts were recorded as property offenses. Around 19 aggravated assaults, 8 rapes, and 3 robberies were among the violent offenses.
From 1999 to 2008, there has been a massive increase of nearly 75% in the crime rates of Washington County, OH. Yet, given the county’s numerous urban pockets, the area has fared well in terms of its annual crime rate, which currently stands at less than 1000 incidents per annum.