Just because you suspect you have an outstanding warrant in your name in Belmont County, OH, does not mean that you need to walk into the nearest police station with your hands held behind your head. Of course, arrest warrants of any kind are better dealt with sooner than later. However, even before you enlist the help of an attorney, it would be prudent to confirm that an active arrest warrant was indeed issued in the county against you.
It is imperative to understand that any attempt to verify the existence of arrest warrants in your own name by visiting a government agency of any type, even if it is an injustice entity, will lead to your arrest. Also, because all state sources of data on arrest records require you to produce a photo id, there is no way to evade arrest.
If you cannot send in a friend or a loved one to get this information, you choose the decidedly more convenient option of an online check by filling the form above. This will give you immediate access to a third-party database of criminal records.
In case this does not work for you, send somebody over to the county clerk’s office, magistrate’s court, or the sheriff’s office to conduct a warrant search for you. The addresses and contact numbers of all three state agencies are listed below. However, none of these will divulge crime details on the phone.
- The sheriff’s office: Located at 68137 Hammond Rd, Saint Clairsville, Ohio 43950. You can also find a most wanted list on the official site of the agency.
- The office of the clerk of court: Visit them at 101 Main Street, St. Clairsville, Ohio 43950
- The magistrate’s court: 121 E Main St, St Clairsville, OH 43759
Can you get information on recent arrests and active warrants from Belmont County over the phone? (2021-data)
- To learn about recent arrests, contact the Belmont County Jail at 740-695-5124 and dial ext. 118/119 to reach Booking.
- To learn about background checks and fingerprinting, call 740-695-5124 ext. 113.
- To receive arrest records and incident reports, contact the Sheriff’s Office at 740-695-2212.
- To initiate a warrant search, call the Civil Division at 740-695-7933 Ext. 130.
- To get help and information for victims, contact the Belmont County Prosecutors Office at 740-699-2771.
- To get information on how to do a criminal case search, contact the Clerk of Court at 740-699-2169.
Crime statistics of Belmont County
The Belmont Sheriff’s Office got 247 criminal complaints in 2019, compared to 269 in 2018. These comprised 205 property-related offenses and 42 violent offenses.
Nearly 151 larceny thefts and 19 motor vehicle thefts were included in the property offenses category. Around 27 aggravated assaults, 12 rapes, and 3 robberies were included in the violent crimes category.
The crime rate in Belmont County, OH, has shown a steady increase over the eight-year period from 2001 to 2008. However, the most significant spike in crime averages was in 2008, which was the starting point for a rapidly deteriorating crime scenario. At the moment, almost 500 crimes are reported in the county each year.