Legally, an active arrest warrant issued in Muskingum County, OH, can be defined as a court releasing an order to the police, which commands them to take a person into custody and hold him until he can be released on bail.
Arrest warrants, once issued, are seldom pulled back. In fact, this only happens in the rarest of cases when somebody else is found guilty of the crime that this person is being accused of through the investigation.
However, an outstanding warrant against an accused is saved in both the judicial and law enforcement systems till this happens. So, you will find no dearth of places to go to when you need to conduct a warrant search in Muskingum.
Try the magistrate’s office first; it is located at 401 Main St, Zanesville, OH 43701. For a warrant check, you may need to call on them in person.
Muskingum county clerk of courts
Once a case is heard in the court, even if it is a pre-trial hearing or warrant hearing, all information about it is stored in the court dockets, and the office of the county clerk maintains these. So, you can also visit this administrative branch of the judiciary for warrant details.
Located at the same justice center in Zanesville as the magistrate’s office, you can also mail in a formal request to the clerk of court at PO Box 2333, Zanesville, Ohio 43702 to find out when you can expect the results of your search.
The sheriff’s department is another government agency that offers multiple options to check arrest records. Visiting their office at 28 N 4th St, Zanesville, Ohio 43701 will get you the most extensive information on the subject of your inquiry. To learn about the precise process for initiating a criminal history check, go to this page. The agency also offers a most wanted list on their website on this page.
Can you access the Muskingum County warrant list and arrest records over the phone? (Current in 2021)
- Take your inquiries pertaining to inmate search and recent arrests to Muskingum County Jail-(740) 455-7133.
- Take your requests for police reports, such as arrest records to the Records Division- (740) 455-7134.
- Take your warrant search request to the Muskingum County Sheriff’s Office- (740) 452-3637.
- Take your questions pertaining to a criminal investigation to the Detectives Division-(740) 455-7135.
- Take your inquiries pertaining to judicial records to the Clerk of Court- (740) 455-7104.
Crime statistics of Muskingum County
Around 2300 crimes were handled by the Sheriff’s Office of Muskingum County in 2017. These included more than 2100 property crimes and approximately 170 violent crimes. Together, these crime categories included offenses such as:
- More than 70 assault cases, around 60 rape cases, and over 30 robberies.
- Nearly 450 burglaries, more than 1550 larceny thefts, and 120 motor vehicle thefts, among others.
On average, almost 2400 crimes are reported in Muskingum County, OH, every year. Of these, more than 50% are incidents of property theft, including carjacking, while felonies like homicide and rape rank considerably lower with just about 20 and 2 case reports lodged, respectively.