Not all counties offer online arrest records information in the state of Ohio. This means that if you are looking for data on active arrest warrants issued in Mercer County, OH, you will need to put in a bit of effort and visit various government agencies that hold details on all arrest warrants issued by the local criminal court.
Another approach is to use a third-party database. Fill the form above to access a nationwide repository of arrest records that can be used to conduct a warrant search. To take the official route, start by contacting the sheriff’s office. Remember that you will be arrested at the precinct if you have an outstanding warrant in your name.
However, you can get a friend or your attorney to conduct this search on your behalf at the law enforcement officers, located at 125 W Livingston St, Celina, Ohio 45822. Calling them to get criminal history information will be quite futile as they only offer this data in person.
The same information can also be sought from judicial agencies like the county clerk’s office or the magistrate’s court. While the former is responsible for maintaining case records in the form of court dockets, the magistrate’s court is the issuing authority. It hence will have information on all outstanding warrants. Both these agencies can be reached by driving down to 101 N Main St Celina, OH 45822.
How do I obtain arrest records and warrant information from Mercer County over the phone? (Valid until 2021)
- Call Mercer County Corrections for information on recent arrests, inmate searches, and inmate arrest records- 419-586-5753.
- Contact the Sheriff’s Office for anything that’s related to arrests, incidents, and accidents- 419-586-7724.
- Get in touch with the Civil and Warrants Division for further information on bench warrants and arrest warrants- 419-586-5770.
- Contact the Mercer County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office for victim’s assistance- 419-586-8677
- Call the Office of the Clerk of Court to learn about the process for initiating a judicial record search- 419-586-6461
Crime statistics of Mercer County
The Mercer County Sheriff’s Department received 92 criminal complaints in 2019. There were 82 property offenses and 10 crimes against people among these.
Around 75 larceny thefts and 8 burglaries were among the property offenses recorded. The 10 reports filed against violent crimes were the sum of 6 cases against aggravated assault and 4 against rape.
From 2001 to 2008, over 4000 crimes were reported in Mercer, Ohio, of which close to 5% were violent criminal incidents. These included rape and homicide with 55 and 5 incidents, respectively. Property crimes, particularly theft, with well over 3500 incidents, formed more than 50% of the total crime figure.