Have you checked lately for the existence of outstanding arrest warrants from Seneca County, OH, in your name? Many people ignore this vital formality under the assumption that only hardened criminals have active arrest warrants out against them. While extremely rare, even some innocent folks have been at the receiving end of the law just because their names and identities were stolen. So, it never hurts to be too safe.
If you are interested in a warrant search, approaching the judiciary or the sheriff’s department may not always be in your best interest. Sure, they do hold all imaginable arrest records, but people who have arrest warrants in their name run the risk of on-the-spot arrest. If you are not sure, use the form on this site to access a third-party database of criminal records.
However, if you are positive that there is no arrest order lurking in the system against you, walk into the sheriff’s office at 3040 S State Rt 100, Tiffin, Ohio 44883, and make a formal request. You can fax relevant details to 419-447-5746, but you will need to show up in person to get the search results.
At this point, you cannot get an online ‘most wanted’ list from the police; also, they do not offer an internet warrant search facility. However, approaching the county clerk’s office may sort that issue.
Although you will need to drive down to the clerk of court’s office, they often have public service terminals that can be used to browse through the database of court dockets. To reach the county clerk’s office, go to 109 South Washington Street, Tiffin, Ohio 44883.
The magistrate’s court is a tertiary option to visit, drive down to 117 E Market St, Tiffin, OH 44883.
Will state agencies provide an arrest report or details about warrants from Seneca County over the phone? (Updated-2021)
- For an incident/accident/arrest report and information on active warrants, contact the Sheriff’s Office at 419-447-3456.
- For details on recent arrests and inmate arrest records, dial the phone number of the Corrections Division- 419-448-5074.
- For getting case-specific information about a criminal complaint filed by you, call the Detective Division at 419-443-7904
- For information on defendants and convicts (for victims only), call Victim’s Assistance at 419-448-5070.
- For criminal case court dates and information on accessing criminal judicial records, contact the Clerk of Court at 419-447-0671.
Crime Statistics of Seneca County
The annual crime rate of Seneca County stood at 700 incidents in 2017. Of the reported offenses, an estimated 70 were violent crimes while the remaining 90% were property crimes. The criminal complaints filed through the year included:
- Almost 740 larceny thefts, nearly 200 burglaries, 20 car thefts.
- Around 30 rapes, 4 homicides, more than 20 assaults, and 10 robberies.
The 9 years from 1999 to 2007 have been very kind to Seneca County, Ohio, in terms of crime. The overall crime rate in the area plunged by a massive 300%, while the rate of violent crime went down by 200% during this interval. If the trend continues, the current annual crime rate, which stands at 700 incidents, may very well decrease to less than 300 in the coming years.