What can you do if you believe you have an arrest warrant pending against you in Gallia County? You can contact an attorney, or you can do your own warrant search. Knowing in advance that you have an arrest warrant against you may help you prepare a defense. In most cases, arrest warrants are considered public information. Therefore, if you know where to look, you can do your own warrant search to find outstanding arrest warrants issued through the Gallia County courts.
The Gallia County Municipal Court has an online option for searching court records. You can get some information about criminal cases; however, to get detailed information about active warrants, you will need to visit the court at 518 2nd Avenue in Gallipolis, OH 45631. The Court of Common Pleas may also issue active warrants in Gallia County. The Clerk’s Office also has an online case information website; however, it is operated by a third party. If you want to search the court records in person, you can contact the Clerk’s Office in the Courthouse (18 Locust Street, Room 1290, Gallipolis, OH 45631).
The Gallia County Sheriff’s Office is responsible for serving the county courts’ outstanding warrants; therefore, you should always include this office when searching for arrest warrants. It is also where you will find arrest records for previous arrests. The Sheriff’s has an online search for current and previous inmates; however, to search for outstanding warrants, you must visit the office at 18 Locust Street, Gallipolis, OH.
Can you get any information pertaining to Gallia County warrants and arrests over the phone? (2021-Update)
- Call the non-emergency dispatch phone line – 740-446-1221 – for information about arrests.
- Call the Gallia County Jail at 740-441-2055 for prisoner records and inmate searches.
- Contact the Administrative Secretary at 740-446-4614 for arrest records and incident and accident reports.
- Contact the Detective Division at 740-446-4614 for information on criminal investigations and the issue of warrants in such matters.
- Call the Gallia County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office at 740-446-0018 for victim assistance.
- Contact the Clerk of Court at 740-446-4612 for judicial records inquiries.
Gallia County, OH crime data
In 2019, the Gallia County Sheriff’s Office handled over 326 criminal complaints. Of these, 294 of the reports were for property offenses, while 32 were for violent crimes. Larceny-theft had the greatest occurrence rate among property crimes, with nearly 192 complaints filed. As far as violent crimes were concerned, assaults brought in the highest number of complaints, at 22 cases.
Between 2004 and 2006, over 3,200 crimes were reported in Gallia County, with almost 100 of those crimes being considered violent. During this period, three murders occurred in Gallia County, but the vast majority of the crime was non-violent in nature and related to either theft or burglary.