Beginning a warrant search in Hocking County is not that difficult if you know where to look. The Municipal Court issues most arrest warrants; however, some arrest warrants may be issued by the Common Pleas Court. Therefore, to make sure you find all arrest warrants that have been issued, you should search the court records for both courts. Furthermore, it would be best if you searched for outstanding warrants through the Hocking County Sheriff’s Office. If you find an arrest warrant, you should contact an attorney immediately.
Warrant searches in Hocking County are easier than in some counties because you can search for court cases online through both courts. The Municipal Court’s record search allows the public to search by name, case number, or ticket number to get information about ongoing or closed criminal cases. If you find an active warrant, you should contact the Court directly for detailed information or copies of court records. It would be best to search for active warrants through the Common Pleas Court as some criminal cases are transferred up from the Municipal Court. The Common Pleas Court can also issue arrest warrants in criminal cases.
For a complete warrants search, you should also search for outstanding warrants through the Hocking County Sheriff’s Department. You can request copies of outstanding warrants, arrest records, or criminal history reports from the Sheriff’s Office. The office is located at 25 East Second Street in Logan, OH 43138. Be careful of searching for arrest warrants in person if you believe you may have an outstanding warrant, as you could be arrested immediately.
Is it possible to acquire information about Hocking County warrants and arrests over the phone? (2021-Update)
- You can connect with the Sheriff’s Office at (740) 385-2131 to obtain arrest records, and incident and accident reports.
- You can contact the Hocking County Municipal Court at (740) 385-2250 for details on outstanding warrants.
- You can use the non-emergency phone line of Logan PD at (740) 385-6866 for information about arrests made by them.
- You can call the Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail at (740) 753-4060 for an inmate search and details pertaining to inmate services.
- You can contact the Hocking County Prosecutor’s Office at (740) 385-1011 for victim/witness assistance.
- You can connect with the Clerk of Court’s Office at (740) 385-2616 to request a case search or judicial records.
Hocking County, OH crime data
In 2019, Hocking County’s crime rate decreased by 27%. Around 28 of the 374 complaints were filed against violent crimes. These involved 16 cases of physical assault, 6 cases of rape, and 2 cases of robbery. The annual crime average included 346 complaints against property crimes. Among these were 210 cases of larceny-theft, 108 of burglary, and 28 of car theft.
From 2001 through 2008, almost 5,500 crimes were committed in Hocking County, and almost one-half of those crimes were committed less than one mile from the victim’s home. The majority of crimes committed were related to either theft or burglary. Crimes rates for the county rose by almost seventy percent for that period.