The police choose to seek a Paulding County, Ohio active warrant when dealing with more hardened criminals who have managed to evade arrest so far. In fact, even in cases where the perpetrator’s name does not come up easily, and the culprit can only be pinpointed after a thorough investigation, the sheriff’s office chooses to play it safe and get an arrest warrant.
Seeking an active warrant in Paulding County entails a trip to the magistrate’s court. All the evidence collected in the matter is carefully dissected to ensure enough ground to hold the person culpable for a criminal act. Yet, peace officers do not mind the additional leg work because arrest warrants bring with them several additional powers.
For instance, the police can nab this person when he is found in a public area and barge into his home or office or even a property that belongs to a private entity or individual to catch the offender. An outstanding warrant from Paulding County is free from the restrictions of place and time. This means that it can be served in any part of the country and at any time after its release.
Civilians are offered the opportunity to conduct a warrant search in Paulding County by the following state agencies. Most departments will require applicants to visit the agency office in person when seeking information on arrest records and warrants.
- The office of the sheriff: 500 East Perry Street, Paulding, Ohio 45879
- The court of the magistrate: 115 N Williams St, Paulding, OH 45879
- The department of the county clerk: 115 N. Williams Street, Paulding, Ohio 45879
How do you contact Paulding County officials to inquire about active warrants and recent arrests? (2021-current)
- To get information on arrests, call the Paulding County Jail at (419) 399-2170.
- To access arrest records, warrants, and incident and accident reports, connect with the Paulding Sheriff’s Office at (419) 399-3791 or Paulding PD at (419) 399-3311
- To speak with a victim advocate, contact the Paulding County Prosecutor’s Office at (419) 399-8270
- To access criminal case search reports, call the Clerk of Court at (419) 399-8210.
Crime statistics of Paulding County
Paulding County’s annual crime rate stood at 134 criminal incidents in 2019. Nearly 105 of the reports filed were attributed to property offenses, while the rest were for violent offenses.
Around 25 burglaries and 80 larceny thefts were reported as property offenses. The violent offenses reported included 28 assaults and 1 rape.
Paulding County, OH witnesses nearly 250 criminal incidents per annum, and almost 11 of these crimes are violent. Between 2001 and 2008, the worst year in terms of crime was 2006. There was a spike of almost 60% in the rate of violent crime incidents through the interval mentioned.