Ignorance about the existence of an active arrest warrant issued against you in Pickaway County, OH, will not save you from imminent arrest. In fact, if you believe that there might be an outstanding warrant in the police database in your name, it would be best to approach a lawyer at once.
However, it is imperative to ascertain that such an arrest order does exist before taking any steps to sort the matter. To gather information on arrest records and for a warrant search, you can approach one of these three justice agencies:
The sheriff’s office: Situated on 600 Island Road, Circleville, Ohio 43113, the sheriff’s department holds arrest records from well over a decade ago. So, this should ideally be the starting point of any privately undertaken criminal check.
Pickaway county clerk of courts
The county clerk’s office: The court clerk and his/her deputies are responsible for updating and maintaining the court dockets. So, they have information on criminal cases and civil matters brought up in the county. To connect with them, go to 207 S Court St, Circleville, OH 43113.
The magistrate’s office: This agency is also located at 207 S Court St, Circleville, OH 43113, and they can give you accurate details on arrest warrants issued in specific criminal cases.
How do access arrest records and details on warrants from Pickaway County over the phone? (Valid in 2021).
- Call the Pickaway County Jail if you are interested in an inmate search or details of recent arrests: (740) 477-6156.
- Call the Warrants Division if you are keen on a warrant search: (740) 477-6000
- Call the Records Division if you are interested in arrest records, criminal background search or accident reports: (740) 420-5769.
- Call the non-emergency dispatch phone number if you are interested in general information: 740-477-2176.
- Call the Clerk of Court if you are interested in a case search: (740) 474-5231.
- Call the Pickaway County Prosecutor’s Office if you are interested in victim’s assistance: 740-474-1781.
Crime Statistics of Pickaway County
In 2019, the Pickaway Sheriff’s Office received 568 criminal complaints, as opposed to the cases received in 2018. These included 546 property crimes and 22 violent crimes.
The property crimes category included 386 larceny thefts, 130 burglaries, and 30 motor vehicle thefts. The violent crimes category included 17 aggravated assaults, 1 rape, and 3 robberies.
For Pickaway County, Ohio, only 7 years’ worth of crime data could be found, but this has been enough to establish a distinctive uptrend in crime rate. The averages of overall crime and violent criminal acts have together gone up by over 60%. Each year, almost 2000 criminal complaints are lodged in the area.
What is truly alarming is that of the 6 or so criminal incidents in the county every day, nearly 3 take place within a 1-mile radius of the victim’s home or office.