An active arrest warrant gets issued in Darke County, OH, when there is substantial proof against an individual in a criminal matter, and the police request the order from the court. Such a detention decree is also issued when a person fails to show up for a hearing in court.
Regardless of the legal transgression that led to the appearance of an outstanding warrant against you in the criminal databases, it is crucial to understand that ignoring these arrest orders will not make them go away.
A cursory glance at all the arrest records held in the central FBI repository and the OH state and county level criminal databases reveals that they have still retained arrest warrants, which are over a decade old.
So, if you are looking for a thorough warrant search that will bring back even the ancient arrest records, approach the sheriff’s office of Darke located at 5185 County Home Rd, Greenville, Ohio 45331. Currently, the law enforcement agency does not offer an online ‘most wanted’ list or any provision for an internet-based warrant search.
If you would like a cumulative search through the databases of civil and criminal records, the county clerk’s office will be the most suitable source for you. They maintain court dockets from all tribunals in the county regardless of their jurisdiction.
While you are in the area, do not forget to visit the magistrate’s court as well. This agency can help you if you have information on the specific case and when the warrant was issued. You can reach these judicial agencies by driving down to 504 S Broadway, Greenville, OH 45331.
Can you get any information pertaining to Darke County warrants and arrests over the phone? (2021-Update)
- Call the Darke County Jail Division at (937) 548-2020 ext. 2 for information on arrests and prisoners.
- Contact the Sheriff’s Office at (937) 548-2020 for general information.
- Contact the Records Division at (937) 547-4603 for arrest records, police reports, and information on arrest warrants.
- Contact the Law enforcement office at (937) 548-3399, option 3, for a local criminal background check.
- Call the Detective Division at (937) 548-1193 for information about a criminal investigation.
- Call the Darke County Prosecutors Office at (937) 547-7380 for victim’s assistance.
- Contact the Clerk of Court’s Office at 937-547-7335 for information on submitting a request for a criminal background check.
Crime statistics of Darke County
Around 330 criminal complaints were filed with the law enforcement agencies of Darke County in 2017. Of these, nearly 280 were against property crimes while 50 were against violent crimes.
Within these crime categories, larceny thefts, with nearly 220 cases attributed to them, had the highest occurrence rate of all property-related offenses. In the violent crimes category, assaults brought in the maximum number of complaints, with an annual incident rate of around 30 cases.
Although Darke County, OH, is by no means the area with the highest crime rate in the state, it does manage to clock in a worrisome 1000 incidents per annum. Over the ten-year duration that started in 1999 and ended in 2008, nearly 11,000 crimes were reported in the area of which about 7% were instances of violent crime.