In Harrison County, Ohio, arrest warrants are sought by the police in misdemeanors or felonious matters where the accused cannot be immediately detained after the crime has been committed or cannot be committed to police custody while leaving the crime scene. An active warrant is a name used to indicate a freshly issued judicial decree.
For a short period of time, it is left to the local police to execute this order. However, once such a directive is several weeks or months old, it is included in the central FBI database. This is done in a bid to catch the accused at the earliest. It is a procedural norm for all arresting officers to run a person’s name through this repository even if he has been halted for a civic or traffic violation.
If his name brings up red flags in the form of outstanding warrants from the county he currently resides in or from any other place, he will promptly be taken into custody. If the accused is being charged with a felony, the detainee will be deported to the county in which the warrant was issued.
When getting a warrant search done in Harrison County, you can only find arrest records and detention directive data from within the state of Ohio. However, if you fill the form you see on top of this page, you can access criminal records from all over the country with a single click of a button. To initiate an official inquiry through a state department, drive down to:
- The sheriff’s department: 114 Court St, Cadiz, Ohio 43907
- The magistrate’s court: 100 W Market St, Cadiz, OH 43907
- The county clerk’s office: 100 West Market Street, Cadiz, Ohio 43907
Is it possible to obtain information about Harrison County arrest warrants and recent arrests by phone? (2021-Update)
- Contact the police department for information about an incident, accident, warrants or arrest report- (740) 942-2197.
- Dial the phone number of the Harrison County Booking Division for information on recent arrests and inmate arrest records-(740) 942-2197, ext. 1403.
- Obtain case-specific information by contacting the Detective Division – (740) 942-2197, ext. 1412.
- Get general information from the police by calling the dispatch line – (740) 942-2197, ext. 1400.
- Learn about criminal case court dates and judicial records by calling the Clerk of Court – (740) 942-8865.
Crime statistics of Harrison County
Crime statistics are not available from the law enforcement agencies of Harrison County. However, independent sources report it as a low crime area, with 58% of all arrests made in connection with misdemeanor offenses and only 2% of arrests effected in connection with violent crimes. Drug-related crimes account for 16% of all arrests.
Harrison County, OH, has a crime rate of fewer than 200 incidents, which means that the daily average stands at just about 1 incident every 36 hours. Of the reported occurrences, less than 10 are of a violent nature. However, this figure might swell alarmingly if the crime rates’ doubling is anything to go by.