Medina County, Ohio, follows the same regulations as other counties in the Ohio state regarding the issuing of arrest warrants.
First of all, you should know that active warrants are the ones that have already been taken to the court of law and sustained by plausible evidence. This evidence has lead to the proper and clear identification of a probable cause by the sitting judge. He or she has already decided to place an official signature over the respective document that has been originally issued by the sheriff’s office or the local police. Hence, active warrants are those warrants signed by magistrates or court judges, and they are also part of a person’s arrest records. The same goes for outstanding warrants, which are warrants that have lost their legal force since they were not fulfilled promptly by the local law enforcement officers in the area.
Doing a Medina County, OH warrant search will be much simpler, provided you will be using resources such as the one you can find here http://www.medinasheriff.com/important_disclaimer.htm in term of sex offenders. Background checks are also referred to as web checks and are also made available via the official sheriff’s office here http://www.medinasheriff.com/Webcheck.htm. The data is open to the public, except for those records that are specifically exempt from disclosure under the Ohio Revised Code. Also, these records are available for inspection during regular business hours.
Will state agencies provide an arrest report or details about warrants from Medina County over the phone? (Updated-2021)
- Call the Medina County Jail for information on arrests and inmates: 330-764-3628.
- Contact Records for police reports, accident reports, arrest records, and criminal records: 330-725-0028.
- Contact the Sheriff’s Office through the switchboard phone number for general questions: 330-725-0028.
- Call the Detective Division for information on a criminal investigation: 330-725-9116.
- Contact the Sheriff’s Office for information on arrest warrants: 330-764-3629.
- Call the Clerk of Court for a case search: 330-725-9722.
- Contact Victim’s Services to get help for victims and witnesses: 330-723-9537.
Crime Statistics of Medina County
Almost 177 criminal complaints were filed by the Medina Sheriff’s Department in 2019, compared to the 91 crimes reported in 2018. The figure included 166 property offenses and 11 crimes against people. The following crimes were reported:
- 64 larceny thefts
- 98 burglaries
- 4motor vehicle thefts
- 7 aggravated assaults
- 4 rapes
This county has recorded close to 5,000 total crimes during the 1999-2008 decade, and close to 4 percent of these crimes were considered violent. Close to 250 of the 500 yearly crimes that occur here happen less than one mile from the victims’ dwelling. There is a crime occurring here every 16 hours or so.